We hope to answer any questions you may have but of course if there is something we don't have answered for you below, please feel free to contact us! We are happy to help and are excited to hear from you!
How do I know if I need therapy?
You may want to consider therapy if you find yourself overwhelmed with the emotions you experience (depression, anxiety, grief, hopelessness, etc.) for a prolonged period of time. You may also want to consider therapeutic services if you notice your mental health interferes with your functioning at work, school, within your relationships and/or your daily roles and responsibilities.
How will therapy help?
Research shows the biggest predictors of therapeutic gains are the quality of the relationship between the therapist and client and the client's level of motivation for therapy and for change. For these reasons, therapeutic gains vary by person; however, if you enter into therapy you can expect therapy will help you in some or all of the following ways:
- Increased insight into your goals for therapy
- Increased insight into the mental health symptoms you have been experiencing and how they have been impacting you
- Increase in healthy coping skills to manage psychological symptoms and to reduce symptoms experienced
- Increased ability to manage life stressors and difficult relationships in your life
- Improved communication skills, assertiveness skills, and/or ability to set healthy boundaries
- Improvement in self esteem and self concept
- Learn ways to change old behavior patterns and develop new patterns of behavior
How do I get started with therapy?
All you need to do is give us a call or send us a message and we will help you with the rest. Once you have made contact with Inspired Living, LLC we will schedule a phone consultation so we can work together to determine if our office is the right fit for you! If it turns out we are not the right fit, we will provide referrals to help ensure you get connected to the support you need.
How long will therapy take?
Typically clients are seen weekly at the onset of therapy, just to get the process rolling and to get the "work" started and from there is tapered down as progress is made. However, there is no set schedule for therapy. Together you and your therapist will determine and agree upon the frequency and length of therapy based on your concerns and how long they have been impacting you as well as what fits with your schedule. Therefore, the length of therapy can vary from a few sessions to several months of weekly therapy.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes!! We are happy to work with your insurance company. We are currently in network with the following insurance providers: Anthem, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Custom Design Benefits, Humana, Medical Mutual, and Medicare (medicare for Ph.D. level practitioners only).
What if the Inspired Living, LLC therapists are not in my insurance network?
We will work with you, regardless of which insurance provider you have. If our providers are outside of your insurance network, we are able to provide insurance reimbursement forms that you can send to your insurance company for reimbursement purposes or to get credit toward your deductible. Please note that reimbursement and credit for payments will depend on your individual insurance policy.
Do I have to use my insurance?
No you do not. Even if you are covered by an insurance provider it is always your choice if you want Inspired Living, LLC to bill your insurance company. Here are some reasons our clients sometimes chose to forgo using their insurance when coming for therapy:
- Diagnosis: In order to be covered by your insurance company, you must meet criteria for a mental health diagnosis. Therefore, we must provide a diagnosis if you chose to use your insurance. Sometimes clients want to be able to seek services without having a label put on their concerns.
- Limitations: Some diagnoses are not considered "serious enough" by insurance providers and services are not covered despite providing a diagnosis. In addition, insurance companies have the ability to specify length of treatment and the treatment modality to use in an attempt to keep costs low. Some clients prefer being able make these decisions directly with their therapist to determine what is in their best interest and fits for their individual concerns without having a third party influence or dictate the services they able to pursue.
- Confidentiality: Insurance companies require dates and a diagnosis for every session. In addition, they can request additional information if they are questioning the need to reimburse a particular session. Some clients chose not to use their insurance so they may be able to maintain a greater level of privacy and confidentiality. In addition, some clients wish to keep these services private from others in their personal life and for this reason do not want to bill services through insurance.
Is therapy confidential?
Absolutely! It's as simple as that.
What legal and ethical standards do you follow?
We believe in and are committed to strong, ethical practice with each and every client. We follow HIPAA policies and procedures at all times and do not condone our therapists deviating from these practices in any way. Each therapist also follows the rules and regulations set forth by their respective licensing board.
What are the rates for services?
Rates will vary based on your insurance policy in terms of if you are required to pay a co-pay or pay the contracted therapy rate (discounted rate) until your deductible is met. If you pay out of pocket the rates are as follows: Intake session $125.00, Individual therapy session $105.00, Couples/Family Therapy $120, Group Therapy $60.00, 30 minute add on to session $75.00.
What if I need to cancel my appointment or what if I no show an appointment?
We ask that you provide 48 hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule. If you provide notice less than 48 hours or do not show up for your appointment, there is a $50.00 fee; however, if something unavoidable interfered with you being able to maintain the cancellation and no show policy then please communicate this as soon as possible. We understand that sometimes life happens and we are willing to work with you on an individual basis.
What if I see my therapist in public?
If you see your therapist in public, please remember your confidentiality is our top priority. This means your therapist will only engage with you if you engage with him/her first. If you do not acknowledge your therapist, the therapist will not acknowledge you in order to maintain your privacy and confidentiality. If you do chose to engage with your therapist, the therapist will keep the encounter brief and this experience will be something the two of you can discuss further in your next scheduled session.